As part of an invitational weekend offer I received from Wynn, 25 trivia questions were included just for fun. The questions appear after the jump. Correct answers will be given in a few days. Everyone here should know them all except for maybe the pineapple and Starbucks questions. First Prize is the satisfaction of being a Las Vegas expert.
1) How many miles of lighted neon tubing adorn the Las Vegas Strip?
a. 645 b. 1,890 c. 15,000 d. 8,750
2) On average, how many meals does Wynn Las Vegas serve each day?
a. 20,000 b. 18,500 c. 10,950 d. 13,450
3) How many hours does it take to fill up the pool in the LeReve showroom pumping at a rate of 1,500 gallons per minute?
a. 5 b. 12 c. 7 d. 15
4) How many trees are on the golf course at Wynn Las Vegas?
a. 2,500 b. 3,000 c. 20,000 d. 12,000
5) On average, how many weddings are held in Las Vegas each day?
a. 200 b. 315 c. 175 d. 400
6) How many of the 20 biggest hotels in the U.S. are in Las Vegas?
a. 10 b. 15 c. 17 d. 19
7) In what year was the famous "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign created?
a. 1965 b. 1959 c. 1970 d. 1981
8) What was the first hotel and casino to open in Las Vegas in 1906?
a. Golden Gate Hotel & Casino b. El Rancho Las Vegas c. The Flamingo d. Desert Inn
9) In what year did topless showgirls debut on the Las Vegas Strip?
a. 1945 b. 1960 c. 1957 d. 1950
10) Approximately how many people move to Las Vegas in a month?
a. 2,000 b. 4,000 c. 10,000 d. 6,000
11) What was Steve Wynn's first Las Vegas investment?
a. Golden Nugget b. Parking lot next to Caesars Palace c. Desert Inn d. Wynn Las Vegas
12) What was the first hotel to add a sports book to the casino?
a. Stardust b. Desert Inn c. The Dunes d. The Flamingo
13) Where were Elvis and Priscilla Presley married?
a. Stardust b. Hilton c. Little Chapel of the West d. Aladdin
14) Where was the first place Frank Sinatra played?
a. The Sands b. Stardust c. Desert Inn d. The Flamingo
15) The Fremont Street Experience downtown uses how many lights in its four block canopy?
a. 12 Million b. 3 Million c. 4 Million d. 8 Million
16) How much is a marriage licence in Nevada?
a. $25 b. $55 c. $250 d. $100
17) How long is the Las Vegas Strip?
a. 3 miles b. 5 miles c. 10 miles d. 8 miles
18) At Wynn Las Vegas, the ballrooms are names of what?
a. Dreams b. Wines c. Cities d. Paintings
19) What is the name of the newest resort casino to be built by Steve Wynn and Wynn Resorts?
a. Le Reve b. Wynn II c. Encore d. Fantasy
20) When is Elaine Wynn's birthday?
a. January 1 b. March 25 c. December 31 d. April 28
21) Who is the president of Wynn Las Vegas?
a. Steve Wynn b. Tom McMahon c. Michael Pascal d. Andrew Pascal
22) In 2006, Wynn Las Vegas reopened La Bete under what new name?
a. Red 8 b. Corsa Cucina c. TrYsT d. The Poker Room
23) Which is NOT a retail store located within Wynn Las Vegas?
a. Mojitos b. Chanel c. Cartier d. The Brass Plum
24) How many Starbucks are located within two miles of Wynn Las Vegas?
a. 30 b. 10 c. 5 d. 2
25) The number of whole pineapples served annually at Wynn's Buffet is?
a. 750 b. 1,500 c. 5,000 d. 85,000