Vegas Mate 2.0, the latest release of our popular iPhone application for Las Vegas tourists, is now available via the iTunes App Store (opens in iTunes). 2.0 is a free upgrade for existing users and costs $4.99 for new users.
Vegas Mate is an interactive, location enabled travel guide that includes tons of information about hotels/restaurants/attractions both on and off The Strip, as well as user reviews and other useful information. This release represents months of work - most of the app internals were re-written to take advantage of iPhone OS 3.0 and beyond, which is required for this release.
Here's a sample of the new features:
* Over-the-Air Content Updates - We can now push out content updates over the air without having to push a new release through iTunes. This means we can be more current with the constant openings and closings in Las Vegas.
* Restaurant Menus - Many of the restaurants now include viewable menus.
* Favorites - Mark hotels, restaurants and activities as favorites, useful for trip planning and re-visiting top spots.
* News and Events - Read news stories from many Vegas sources ; view upcoming events.
* Massively improved map system.
* Updated user interface.
Special thanks to all that helped test the release, with extra special thanks to Joe P., Chuck S. Monster, and Mike Ch.
A screen cast of v2.0 is available here: Vegas Mate Screen Cast
Releases of Vegas Mate will continue in earnest - there's a list of features for 2.1 and beyond already on the drawing board and I expect a 2.0.1 with a few little bug-fixes will be in the works soon.